Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Post 6: Cinnamon Sugar is Awesome

Hi Bloggies!  Tonight I thought I would pass along a recipe that I just tried (and by "just tried" I mean I literally pulled these out of the oven 30 minutes ago).  I found the recipe on Velvet Lava Cafe and I am already a huge fan!  These French Breakfast Muffins (or as I like to call them, French Toast Muffins...I don't know why...)  are incredible!  They are delightfully sugary without being super sweet...make sense?  No?  OK well get off my blog then.

These muffins are really easy and you probably have all of these ingredients in your house already.  That being said, I of course, did not have any nutmeg so I  substituted cinnamon.  Just for funsies.  They still turned out good.  And here is a mediocre photo of said muffins taken by my phone.

Yes, they are covered in cinnamon sugar!

1/3 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg (preferably room temperature)
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg (I substituted cinnamon)
1/2 c. milk

Topping
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a medium-large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined, but still a bit lumpy. Don't overmix. Scoop batter into muffin tins that have sprayed with cooking spray. It was recommended that I use a large ice cream scoop but I don't own one of those bad boys.  So instead, I used a measuring cup and just eyeballed the amount of batter I used. Using this method I produced 10 muffins (notice in the picture there are only 9...).  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they just start to turn a bit golden at the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment