Monday, July 11, 2011

1st Post Full of Super Interesting Stuff

So I finally took the plunge and entered the blogging world.  I will now pause for the applause of my adoring fans and supporters.  ...  ...  ...  Thank you, thank you, you're all really too kind.  Now on to more important matters.

So you're probably wondering what's with the whole self deprecating blog title thing?  And what I say to you, oh naysayer, is what exactly is so wrong with being ordinary?  (I'll let that marinate awhile...)

In the deep, soul searching process of deciding upon a blog title I cruised around our friend Google asking it things like "How do I pick a blog title?" and "What makes a good blog title?"  I found several helpful sites that told me such stellar tips as "Google and Feedster are popular domain names, so try adding 'le' or 'ster' to the end of your name."  Yeah. Right.  I am not about to call my blog 'Brittle' or 'Brittster'.  No thank you.  With that in mind, I began the process of thesaurusizing (yes, it's a word...) words that describe me.  All of that thesaurusizing must have really gotten to my head because before I knew it I was constructing all sorts of titles that made me sound like I was Mother Teresa.  (My family and friends can assure you, I am nothing like the woman.)  Plus when I tested all of these domain names out all of them were already taken...shoot dang.  Apparently there are a lot of thrify, creative, Mother Teresa types running amuck out there in the blogosphere.  So I starting thinking about a title no blogger would choose.  I have to admit, it seems like a lot of people out there blog because they think their life is just so amazing and interesting that people really care to read about it.  Slightly narcissistic, no?  (Hi Kettle, my name is Pot...you're lookin' a little black there.)  They all must think they're super unique and different...do any of them consider themselves, oh say, ORDINARY? (Buh buh buuuhhhh...)  Apparently not because obviously that domain was up for grabs.  Nailed it.

So there.  That's my first post.  I'm glad that you could all learn so much about the inner workings of my soul.  Before I go, I really do need to give credit to the person that pushed me to start blogging, Alisha Taniguchi.  Without her degrading comments and lack of support I never would have started this outstanding documentation of my life.  Thank you my friend.  And to the rest of you, my little Bloggies, thanks for reading even though the only reason you are is because I told you to on facebook.  As a reward for finishing, here is a super attractive picture of me and my pup Clancy!  (You know you're excited.)

The only legit picture that is actually saved to my computer.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! Am I the first to comment? Yeah!! I feel badly taking this right from someone else, but since people had plenty of time, I will.

    Don't forget to mention cuppycakes somewhere in your blog down the road.

    Have a great day! :) Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be mentioning cupcakes at some point Lara...I mean, come on. It's me we're talking about here! Anywho, thanks for being my VERY FIRST COMMENT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing from this project I could handle would be drinking the Stone IPA and giving Andrew a hard time.

    ReplyDelete